UNCLE GRANDPA MARATHON!
please don’t tell straight people it’s ok to be straight. it’s not ok. it’ll never be ok.
…You do realize that sexuality isn’t a choice, right? There have been, are, and likely always will be people that actually struggle with accepting their own sexuality. It took me many years to actually accept to myself that I’m bisexual.
It’s no wonder why so many people on this site seem eager to adopt new, unsubstantiated terminologies of sexuality, even ones with no foundation in reality, because heaven forbid anyone just accept themselves, or anyone else, for who they are, instead of being afraid, and discriminating against them for those differences.
After all, if we were to do that, no one would have anything to complain about, nor would they have any reason to play the victim card for attention, right?
« Text post
Gonna hit the hay early. Something doesn’t quite feel right, and I don’t know why.
ohgodwhyisthishappening: Is there a horror movie you find overrated, or particularly irritating to watch(or even think about)?
Well, I did previously make a list of ten that I didn’t much care for at all.
I am still astounded that someone working for Netflix once allowed Slaughtered Vomit Dolls (2006) to be available for streaming (but then, these days, you can see every installment of Urotsukidoji in full on Youtube…)
As for overrated, I would have to say Hostel (2005). I was completely and utterly disinterested in the fates of every last one of the characters. The only thing I even remotely liked was the guy running over those double-crossing hoes with the car. I’m also not particularly fond of Cabin Fever (2002). The karate pancakes kid was pretty cool, though.
And, I know I’m probably going to get some hate for this, but the one time I saw Scream (1996), I wasn’t all that enthralled, or impressed. But then, this was back when it was still in second-run theaters, and we had actually snuck in to see it under the false pretense that my friend’s mother that dropped us off had “okayed” it (talk about lax security at the ticket counter). So, I suppose I can’t rightly judge that one, seeing as how it’s been 18 years since I saw it.
tigerdude51087: Foxy and the gang are out to get you! the object to your left is your only defense; how screwed are you? (I've never played FNAF)
About as screwed as I’ve always been while sitting here.
overfedvenison: Do you know of any animated horror films? All I can think of is Coraline.
Well, I went over creepy/disturbing animation before in this post (which does include a few full-length films that could be considered “horror”), but let’s see what else I can come up with (again, I’ll try to provide links to watch them free online where I can):
- Fear(s) of the Dark (aka Peur(s) du noir) (2007)
- Wicked City (1987)
- Vampire Hunter D (1985)
- Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust (2000)
- Curse of the Undead: Yoma (aka Blood Reign: Curse of the Yoma) (1989)
- Bio Hunter (1995)
- Akira (1988)
- Paranorman (2012) - Netflix link only.
- Heavy Metal (1981) - Usually classified as sci-fi, but it definitely has some horror elements to it.
- Heavy Metal 2000 (2000) - To go with the original.
- Blood: The Last Vampire (2000)
- Dead Space: Downfall (2008)
- Dead Space: Aftermath (2011)
- Resident Evil: Degeneration (2008)
- Resident Evil: Damnation (2012)
- Perfect Blue (1997)
- Demon City Shinjuku (1988)
- Midori (aka Shōjo Tsubaki) (1992)
- Kakurenbo: Hide and Seek (2005)
- Murnau the Vampire (2007)
- The Secret Adventures of Tom Thumb (1993)
- City of Rott (2006) - Warning: Not the most well-animated film out there.
- Dead Fury (2008) - Animated in the same style as City of Rott.
- Dante’s Inferno: An Animated Epic (2010)
- The Haunted World of El Superbeasto (2009)
- Dear Beautiful (2009)
- Street of Crocodiles (1986)
- Гість (aka Guest) (1990)
- Tales from the Crypt: The Third Pig (1996) - One of my all-time favorite episodes.
- Season’s Greetings (1996)
- Vincent (1982)
- This site lists a few more anime horror titles.
I’m sure there are more out there, but this was about all I could dig up for now.
hemrit: any list of body horror films similar to The Thing by John Carpenter ?
Well, let’s see what I can put together here (I will try to provide links to watch them for free online where I can):
- Body Melt (1993) - It appears as though part 1 is missing, though I may be mistaken.
- Street Trash (1987)
- Slime City (1988)
- Slime City Massacre (2010)
- Society (1989)
- Infection (2004)
- Mystics in Bali (1981)
- Tokyo Gore Police (2008)
- Guinea Pig 4: Mermaid in a Manhole (1988)
- Slither (2006)
- The Stuff (1985)
- Tetsuo: The Iron Man (1989)
- Tetsuo II: Body Hammer (1992)
- Tetsuo: The Bullet Man (2009)
- Philosophy of a Knife (2008) - WARNING: This is very strong material, and not for the squeamish. It is based on real experiments conducted during World War II. It is broken up into parts, and it is also a very long film. I previously went over it in this post.
- Shivers (aka They Came From Within)(1975)
- Rabid (1977)
- Videodrome (1983)
- Naked Lunch (1991)
- The Fly (1986) (Okay, pretty much anyDavid Cronenberg movie falls into this category, really)
- Class of Nuke ‘Em High (1986)
- Class of Nuke ‘Em High Part II: Subhumanoid Meltdown (1991)
- Class of Nuke ‘Em High 3: The Good, the Bad and the Subhumanoid (1994)
- Rabid Grannies (1988)
- The Brain (1988)
- Hellraiser (1987)
- American Mary (2013)
- Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead (2006)
- Nightbreed (1990)
- Freaks (1932)
- May (2002)
- Akira (1988)
- Baby Blood (1990)
- Uzumaki (2000)
- Eraserhead (1977)
- Splinter (2008)
- The Bay (2012)
- Thanatomorphose (2012)
- Altered States (1980)
- Re-Animator (1985)
- Body Bags (1993)
- Demons (1985)
- Scanners (1981)
- Antiviral (2012)
- Virus (1999)
- Taxidermia (2006)
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)
- Body Snatchers (1993)
- Thinner (1996)
- The Act of Seeing With One’s Own Eyes (1971)
- Un Chien Andalou (1929)
- Tokyo! (2008) - The film features this scene of a woman turning into a chair.
- The Beast Within (1982)
- Dr. Caligari (1989)
- Jacob’s Ladder (1990)
- From Beyond (1986)
- Dead Alive (aka Braindead) (1992)
- Cabin Fever (2002)
- Basket Case (1982)
- Basket Case 2 (1990)
- Basket Case 3: The Progeny (1991)
- Spontaneous Combustion (1990)
- The Incredible Melting Man (1977)
- Exte: Hair Extensions (2007)
- The Human Centipede (2009)
- The Human Centipede 2: Full Sequence (2011)
- Brain Damage (1988)
- The Blob (1988)
- The Killer Tongue (1996)
- Silent Hill (2006)
- Frankenhooker (1990)
- Metamorphosis: The Alien Factor (aka The Deadly Spawn 2)(1990)
- Here’s a list of non-zombie cannibal movies (many of them include links)
- Here’s a list of a few movies about killer genitalia
- Here’s a list on IMDB that also contains quite a few short films (as well as many of the ones previously listed above)
That’s about as comprehensive as I can go without delving farther into straight-to-video horror titles, or lesser-known foreign titles. Hopefully, this’ll still give you plenty to watch. :3